The Bishop's House (會督府, 主教府) is located at 1 Lower Albert Road, Central. It is the residence and office of the Archbishop of Hong Kong.
It was originally designed as a school for Chinese students and for many years housed St Paul's College. The house's origins can be dated from 1843, when Vincent Stanton was appointed Colonial Chaplain of Hong Kong. The building was completed in 1848. When the new Diocese of Victoria was created, Stanton handed over the college property to the newly appointed bishop, George Smith.
The Bishop's House is an imposing building, both in design and proportions. The interior of the building has been completed renovated and modernized as late as 1967–1968. It has been listed as a Grade I historic building.
For Architectural style, it adopts simply and elegant design, built into a granite cornerstone. There is a bunker-style three-story octagonal tower and Western-style buildings in Hong Kong early; it’s longer than a long history of Government House.
In 2009, the Anglican Church announced that it will spend around 800 million to preserve Central buildings, here are some historic buildings will be retained and rehabilitation is following:
Bishop's House: Built in 1848, it’s a historic building now. It was built into the granite cornerstone, two-story and three-story side behind a bunker-style octagonal tower. It is The Former Bishop and St. Paul's College premises originally. It may retain for Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui (Anglican Church) Archbishop's and will be equipped with museums, the new window-type of air-conditioners and stairs was removed in recent years and it set up facilities for the disabled person to make them conveniently.
St. Paul's Church: Built in 1911, is proposed for a historic building and adopt Gothic style. At the top of the tower has a long and pointed, as early as the Chinese Central Christian Church designed. At the upper is a chapel, lower for St. Paul's College classrooms. In World War II, churches were expropriated for the Japanese military police for training school and it’s fully opened after renovation.