The Hau Ku Shek Ancestral Hall in Ho Sheung Heung was built in the late Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644). According to the genealogy of the Hau clan, the Ancestral Hall was constructed by Hau Ku Shek, the 17th generation ancestor of the Hau clan. The date inscribed on the name board hanging over the main entrance suggests that the Ancestral Hall underwent renovation around the 27th year of the Qianlong reign (1762) during the Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1911).
The layout of the Ancestral Hall is a traditional three-stone Hau Ku Shek two open architecture. There are side chambers at both sides of the front courtyard, while an alter is erected in the middle hall for housing ancestral tablets. The two-storey rear hall was used as a village school, with the ground floor providing accommodation for teachers and the upper floor being classrooms. During World War II the school was closed. At present, villagers are still living stone Hau Ku Shek ancestors and the traditional rituals at the place, but also the proceedings of Hau family gathering place daily.
The Hau Ku Shek Ancestral Hall was declared a monument on 19 December 2003 and is protected under the Antiquities and Monuments Ordinance.