2010年10月6日 星期三

K@Story of Cheung Po Tsai

Do you remember that I introduced Cheung Po Tsai Cave in Cheung Chau (Link) last week? I promised all of you guys to tell the story of Cheung Po Tsai. Let’s enjoy the story I share to you now. =]

Cheung Po Tsai was a 19th century Chinese pirate. He was the son of a fisherman and captured by Cheng Yat, a pirate chief, when he was 15. Cheung had good leading ability therefore became a leader quickly. When Cheng Yat was killed in a storm, Cheung fall in love with Cheng Yat’s wife and married her. This young man takeover all the pirating business and became the head of the pirates. He is believed to have built up an army of some 20,000 men along the coast.

Cheung Po Tsai was a just man that liked to help the poor common people. He ordered his subordinates using double price to buy the products from poor people. Also they were not allowed to inflict physical harm upon any women they encountered.

Finally Cheung surrendered and was later offered a position in the government. He died at 30.

Actually I think Cheung Po Tsai was a good guy even he was a pirate. His story is attracting me and I think he should be a good leader and really concern the poor people. Unfortunately, he died so young.

I find a video about Cheung Po Tsai on youtube. You may understand more after watching this. Please enjoy it. =]

沒有留言:

張貼留言